CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Awesome Elijah Update and MISC stuff!

Elijah has had 6 straight days in school where his behavior, work and attitude has been perfect! So last week his teacher told him if he was good for a week that she would take him to a movie today! So this morning she picked him up and off he went. She just dropped him off a bit ago and they had a great time. I am so happy for him! We also had conferences yesterday and he is one of the top students in his class! He is reading at 3-4 grade level! His school is really awesome, everyone there is so great and it is the most Diverse school in Rochester, which I really love! I think the Concerta has a lot to do with Elijah's sudden improvement, I am so glad it is working for him, and I pray to the universe it continues this way, he's had enough negativity!

On a totally different subject, I am starting a new home organization cleaning system, that is what Flylady is based on. I used to do Flylady's system and it worked really well for me in the past, but now I am too addicted to the computer to and to keep coming back on here to get her reminders from my email is just another hide side-tracker!

So another mom posted about the SHE system (which stands for Sidetracked Home Executives) and it looks like it could really do us some good around here! Its a system based on index cards with particular jobs on them. I am almost done making my cards and plan to start the system on Monday! If you are interesting in doing it too here is some information on it, The book is called Side Tracked Home Executives, From Pig Pen to Paradise by Pam Young and Peggy Jones. I don't have the book and I am not planning on buying it because they have a great set of Articles online telling you how to get started with the system! You can find that Here.

There are 21 essays, in one week I have read and done up to number 7, which I hope is enough to get me going on Monday! I have a separate card file for the kids as well each one has a divider with their name on it and I will just stick their daily chore cards in behind there names. I'm really excited about this can you tell? Here is a pic of the kids card file dividers.P1000774 I had to make the dividers by hand as well since I couldn't find any 1-31 dividers to buy but that's ok because mine are colorful, and I like colors! LOL. Here is a pic of my card box with the daily and monthly dividers in place. I know this probably seems reallyP1000773

boring but it makes me feel like I got something accomplished LOL. Now I just have to work on my weekly plan and then put my cards in place for Mondays, start day! I plan on having a family meeting on Sunday to explain the card system to the kids. Jolene is hopeful but I don't think she is convinced and she didn't want to help with making the cards LOL

Other than that I am still taking the Vyvanse and still doing well on it. I started feeling sick again two days ago and went back to the Dr to find out that I not only had my sinus infection back but Strep throat as well. YUCK! So more antibiotics for me. So far I am yeast free but we will see how that goes over the next week of taking them! I just want to get well and stay well, and I want it to be SPRING!

0 comments: