CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

How Quinn Got her Groove Back....

If anyone knows the plot to this story could you please let me know? I am having trouble writing even the outline to it! My last post I was all amped up about the things I was going to get done, ect ect. and here I sit almost two weeks later in the same damn position. It just seems like everytime I want to exercising I am needed somewhere else or someone is taking up the TV or DVD player, there is no healthy food in the house or there is no money to buy more healthy food is, or I just want to eat what I want to eat.

We have made progress on getting the house and kids more organized. We had made this thing on the wall this summer where we put up velcro strips on the wall in the living room and made stickers with everyones name on them and schedules and activities we all do and stuff trying to get them to more activly participate in a good schedule. Well the kids were into for about ummm 2 minutes? So these things and velcro strips on our wall pretty much just sat there for months making our living room look more like a daycare. Well the other day, I was juggling through all the kids winter wear after they got home from school trying to get the matches together so it wouldnt be a nightmare looking for them the next time they went outside. Somehow a glove got stuck on one of the empty velcro spots! Instantly I saw the value in this and ripped off all the little stickers and proceded hang up all the hats and gloves in on the velcro slips! It is working so awesome, each day the kids come home and stick their stuff on the strips to hang and dry. Everything so far has stuck and not fallen down and the kids think mommy is pretty smart! :P
Photobucket

So speaking of the kids. We have had some adventures here over the last couple weeks! Nolan turned 8 on the 20th! I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up. We had a birthday party at home and invited the neighbor kids over. Fun was had by all and he got some pretty neat gifts for our budget being so crunched as it is right now, thank you Toys R Us clearance! We even got him the HIDEOUSLY ugly transformer cake he was longing for, I wanted to puke just looking at its brightly colored sickeningly sugary concoction that is a hellmart (walmart) birthday cake.
Photobucket

Elijah is not doing well in school again. Everyday is a bad day and its really really been stressing me out. I don't know what to do to help him anymore! On a good note he has been reading chapter books to me or Jolene every night before bed, he is SUCH a good reader and its one of the pleasant moments in my day to listen to him, even though its very hard with Journee looming close asking for boobies constantly and saying she wants to read HER books. So we usually start out like this....
Photobucket

Then it turns into this...
Photobucket

And eventually after much frustration on my part...
Photobucket

They look so sweet sleeping together, I am almost tricked into believing they might be angelic, especially when Journee wakes up in the middle of the night and crawls into my arms looking like this...
Photobucket

She is still my baby, and I am still her everything, and I like that feeling of being needed SO much. And yet, still is still very much her own little diva person and oh so beautiful...
Photobucket


There is also another little bitty light in my life. Her name is Isarae and she is almost 5 months old. She is my neice and a little bundle of superdiva little girl. She is exclusivly breastfed and goes to school with her mommy(my sixteen year old sister!) everyday. Shes just starting to really reach for everything as you can see here...




I will sign off on that happy note. I hope you realize that the titles of my posts really have nothing to do with what I may or may not write about! I also hope you read anyway and don't mind :)

1 comments:

'All Or Nothing' Anjie said...

I love love love the velcro wall!! Great idea. Journee is just beautiful, really blossoming into a little lady too!! You'll get back on track, when the weather gets better & you can be more active outside. Love you!!!! {{{{{Quinn}}}}}