CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Horrible, no good, very bad day!

Words cannot even describe the horror that was today. First we woke up late, The girls missed their bus to head start, then Jolene is like SUPER grouchy and I don't know why, I don't get a chance to really ask her whats wrong until all the kids are gone. She tells me she has a horrible pain in her neck and that she can't turn her head much either way. She takes some ibuprofen and we both lay back down for an hour. When she wakes up her hands are all swollen! So the girls get home from school and Jolene heads to the ER. I want to go with her but we can't find anyone to watch the girls on such short notice.

In the meantime daycare kid mom drops off her kids with no notice! Tells me both she and her dh have to work until close (they are both bartenders) So now I have a crabby one year old to deal with who needed a nap. I go to lay down with her to get her to sleep upstairs in my room, put on Dora for the girls and think for some reason they will sit and watch it. WRONG oh so WRONG.

When I came back downstairs after about 15 minutes, I discovered the girls in the BOYS bedroom. They had poured two big bags of cereal on the floor and two two liter bottles of pop, and then just for added flavor they poured some instant mashed potatoes into the mix. I totally lost it! It was 2:45 pm and I had the neihbor bringing her kids over for me to watch while she picked up all our older kids from school. I swept everything into a large pile in the hallway and covered it with one of the blankets they had soiled.

Jolene calls from the hospital and tells me there is something wrong with the nerves in her neck and that they gave her a shot for pain, plus pain pills and muscle relaxers to take home, but they are waiting to release her to see how the pain med works.

She gets home right before all the other kids do, in really bad shape! The meds they gave her didnt really help and she goes to lay down ofcourse. So now I am left with 8 kids and no help, the baby is crying and following me around having been woke up from her nap by my yelling at the girls mess making :(. Everyone is jumping around acting like fucking animals! They tear the plastic covers off the mattereses in the boys room, they dump a million toys all over, everyone is hungry and wants a snack, Elijah wants to read me a book, Isaiah wants help with his homework, Nolan needs 15 dimes for his math, and on and on and on. I deal the best I can with all this through dinner time, bath time, bed time and now here I sit with a glass of wine trying to wind down.

I so hope Jolene is better tomorrow!

2 comments:

'All Or Nothing' Anjie said...

Oh man, that is one rough day!! I hope today was better. And I hope Jolene is feeling better!! {{{{{Quinn}}}}} & {{{{{Jolene}}}}}

Masasa said...

Whew! Tough day. I hate it on days when we all lose it, and it really sucks when you have a "(wo)man down." Here's to tomorrow!